New Features

"Jacob, you're blog is great. It's so thought-provoking, so well written and relevant. I'd love to read it all the time but I just don't get around to checking too frequently, and you're not the most consistent poster. Can you make it easier for me to read?"

Heck yes I can. The keen-eyed among you may have noticed that the "Archives" box in my sidebar has been renamed "Archives, Etc.". This in itself something to get excited about, but the changes don't stop there! Inside said box I've added a google searcher-thing, an email subscription feature, and a drop-down menu for my monthly archives, along with a pretty bloglines button. All to make life easier for my beloved readers. Let me explain why these things are good.

If you're a devout reader of many blogs, bloglines is still the only way to go. If you want to keep tabs on dozens of blogs (some of which are updated daily, others semi-annually) without regularly checking each one, bloglines will do this for you. It'll tell you who has new posts and let you read them all in one place. It's beautiful.

If you only read this blog and you'd like to read consistently but you don't want to/forget to check frequently for new posts, Feedblitz is your friend. Provide your email address and get Twenty Feet delivered hot and fresh to your inbox whenever I get around to writing something.

If you want to read about specific subjects or find an old post you really liked (I'm probably just talking to myself now) you can google search this blog from the sidebar too. Results are a bit sketchy, I think mostly because I recently switched domain names. But I'm working on that.

If for some reason you want to browse through my monthly archives, you can still do so through the nifty little drop down menu. It's just that they no longer take up half the sidebar.

If you're envious of my new toys and want to add them to your own blog, let me know and I'll tell you how. Or if you're at all good with code you could just check out freshblog, where you can find all these hacks and more!

And if you don't care about any of this, I hope to publish something more meaningful within a couple days.

0 comments