I'm Tired and I Hurt All Over


I took a bit of a tumble on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs today. It was my first day of framing, and it was kind of long and quite grueling. I have a big post in the works, but it's only half-way thought through, and I'm not at all in the right frame of mind for that kind of thing. I fear I may not be my usual perspicacious self over the next couple months.

In other news, I'm finished the first five chapters of Matthew in my copy-the-New-Testament project. I've yet to go a full two pages without a scribal error, giving me new appreciation for those who carefully preserved these texts over the centuries. No profound insights yet, but so far the process has been considerably less tedious than expected. I would rather copy the Bible eleven hours a day than haul wood around, but I don't imagine I would make much money at it.

7 comments:

Jillian said...

yay! five chapter! good work. i'm loving it... surprisingly enjoyable. i felt guilty for some reason when i first made a mistake and had to scratch it out. but now i'm used to it, so i'm just going with the flow, not really about neatness. i don't have any huge insights yet either, but i'm paying much more attention to puncutation, structure, and individual words then i ever have before, and that's been neat... especially for genesis. anyway, keep me posted on how it's going.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you guys on your efforts. I wouldn't even have the time to try it right now...

Dr.DEE

Filth- Man said...

I would rather haul wood than copy the Bible for 1 hours a day.

Filth- Man said...

or, you know, 11 hours.. stupid sticky Joburg keypad.

Anonymous said...

If I was rich Joel I would totally pay you to do that for the rest of your life... too bad I'm never going to be rich... lets pray about it!

Anonymous said...

Joel. I have some news for you. If you continue framing, anything outside of framing dies. For example, your blog will die. It's not joke, that when in framing, there is no such thing as hobbies. Your hobby becomes sleep.

Jacob said...

It's true.