Psalm 119:105-112 (JHV)

N

I have chosen my path according to what I believe to be your words
yet often the light grows dim.
I have taken an oath and confirmed it many times,
that I will pursue righteousness.
I have suffered (it's hard to say how much);
preserve my salvation, O LORD, according to the common interpretation of Biblical promises.
Accept, O LORD, the willing (if imperfect) praise of my mouth,
and teach me to interpret and apply your laws.
Though I may decide to take my life in my hands,
I will keep in mind the laws of this book.
The world distracts and confuses me,
but I am learning the wisdom of it's precepts.
It's statutes have been my foundation, and I hope they always will be;
though I don't believe they have ever brought me joy.
I truly want to keep your decrees
whatever the result may be.

0 comments